shibboleth-dev - Re: UW shib origin installation

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: UW shib origin installation

  • From: "RL 'Bob' Morgan" <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Shibboleth Design Team <>
  • Subject: Re: UW shib origin installation
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 21:11:42 -0700 (PDT)

> just saw this in the shibdump.sql file -- were we supposed to edit
> this (ie insert the value of DBDomain) before running shibdump?

Uh, yeah, we were, now I did (putting in the fq hostname), fixed up the
web.xml, restarted, and voila, it works!

So, mea culpa. Next time I'll read the PLEASE READ ... but obviously this
is important enough to put into the Deploy instructions for my fellow
mysql-challenged non-reading admins. There's certainly possible confusion
in that
user@localhost
works as a mysql username for commandline stuff but
not in the tomcat config.

- RL "Bob"