shibboleth-dev - Re: shib marketing, non-info provider pilots....

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: shib marketing, non-info provider pilots....

  • From: "David L. Wasley" <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: Re: shib marketing, non-info provider pilots....
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:52:24 -0800

At the NLANR/I2/JtTechs meeting, the issue of access to NOC data collections came up. They'd like to make such data available to gigapop and campus NOCs but not the world in general. If the enterprise directory included an "attribute" that indicated "NOC staff" then Shib could work for this. The person who mentioned this need was quite interested.

David
-----
At 12:25 PM -0500 on 2/13/02,

wrote:

Since the coding is progressing, and we can now see the point in time when we'll be making the code available to pilot sites, I'd like to start the process of adding additional pilots to the list. So, I'd like to ask you both to crank up the marketing just a bit, and encourage interested parties to contact me.

Some specific thoughts:

- Community of Science expressed interest -- worth calling them back?

- educause/ecar project is on my list as a possibility -- anything here worth pursuing?

- I'd like to find a video streaming project (eg go to a web page that is access controlled, and click on a link to download the realplayer file)

- I'd like to find more "campus to campus" style projects. How do you find these?

- did you encounter any potentials at CAMP?

- I'm probably going to start some rainmaking -- contacting people with broad exposure to higher ed based projects, asking for leads.

- Other suggestions?