shibboleth-dev - shib marketing, non-info provider pilots....

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

shib marketing, non-info provider pilots....

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: shib marketing, non-info provider pilots....
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 12:25:58 -0500

Here's the current deploy sequence, for non-information provider pilots:

I2 internal, with Mike Lahaye (Mike seems to like the idea that MACE members would define the origin sites...). Bob suggested Listproc list maintenance as a likely possibility... I've suggested this to Mike (Note: just saw Judith's announcement that Listproc is now on SourceForge...)

I2 internal, with Matt Zekauskas (E2E initiative, origin sites will like be the ITECs at oarnet (just down the street from Scott), and at NCSU

WebAssign (based at ncsu, with psu and uva as the origin sites)

Ohio State (a Scott chosen, intra campus appl)

Beyond that list, we have discussions underway with a number of big projects/vendors:

meteor
nsdl
sfx
uk/ athens successor

Since the coding is progressing, and we can now see the point in time when we'll be making the code available to pilot sites, I'd like to start the process of adding additional pilots to the list. So, I'd like to ask you both to crank up the marketing just a bit, and encourage interested parties to contact me.

Some specific thoughts:

- Community of Science expressed interest -- worth calling them back?

- educause/ecar project is on my list as a possibility -- anything here worth pursuing?

- I'd like to find a video streaming project (eg go to a web page that is access controlled, and click on a link to download the realplayer file)

- I'd like to find more "campus to campus" style projects. How do you find these?

- did you encounter any potentials at CAMP?

- I'm probably going to start some rainmaking -- contacting people with broad exposure to higher ed based projects, asking for leads.

- Other suggestions?