shibboleth-dev - API updates, attribute implementation example

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

API updates, attribute implementation example

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Shibboleth Design Team'" <>
  • Subject: API updates, attribute implementation example
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 00:00:16 -0500

Another refresh of the java source and javadocs as I tweak things.

I've also added a new schema in a "urn:mace:eduPerson:2002" namespace
that contains proposed schema definitions for EPPN and Affiliation to
get us started.

http://usfs2.us.ohio-state.edu/webdev/Shibboleth/java/src/schemas/eduPer
son.xsd

See also the new java package/class (included in docs):

edu.internet2.middleware.eduPerson.ScopedAttribute

This is a sample, and possible base, class for attribute implementations
whose values can be represented in a single XML Text node (this is
pretty much any simple content that fits between the <AttributeValue>
tags). Both EPPN and Affiliation do. The class supports multi-valued
attributes and handles all the XML stuff internally. You just give it a
bunch of info in the constructor and the values are derived from
java.lang.Object so that the value can be obtained with toString().

Anyway, I hope this helps push things along toward concreteness.

I've also started work on the C++ API and sent an early header draft to
Sridhar that I'll hopefully publish shortly after some more build tests.