shibboleth-dev - RE: shib machine requirements...... final call

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: shib machine requirements...... final call

  • From:
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: shib machine requirements...... final call
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 09:11:22 -0500

(for "Mike LaHaye"
<>):

Steven,
My read on this is that we need:

2 Linux Servers for Development/Testing
(minimally a dual 550 MHz PIII with 18 GB disk, 512MB RAM, FE)
- Redhat 7.2
- Openldap 2.0.11 or better
- Java SDK 1.3.1
- Apache 1.3.22
- mod_ssl and OpenSSL (whatever's recent; 0.9.6b being used at cmu)
- Tomcat 3.3
- the mod_jk plugin for apache
- gcc/g++ 2.95.3
- pub-cookie (http://www.washington.edu/computing/pubcookie/ext/)
- Mysql 3.23.40 - 3.23.44
- Perl 5.6.0
* Please comment on an additional hardware requirements.

2 Solaris Servers
- Solaris 2.8
- iPlanet directory server
- Java SDK 1.3.1
- Apache 1.3.22
- mod_ssl and OpenSSL (whatever's recent; 0.9.6b being used at cmu)
- Tomcat 3.3
- the mod_jk plugin for apache
- gcc/g++ 2.95.3
- pub-cookie
- Mysql 3.23.40 - 3.23.44
- Perl 5.6.0

CVS service available

We can build dedicated Linux boxes for this effort. On the Solaris side,
we have a pair of Sun 220R servers for our internal deployment of
iPlanet. I'm hoping that we can leverage these servers for demonstration
purposes of that platform. This might be optimistic. Comments?

If we need dedicated Solaris boxes for this effort, will the Netra X1
server meet the need?

Mike LaHaye
Internet2