regional-network-technical - Update on NGI BGP service migration pause

Subject: Regional Technical Contacts

Update on NGI BGP service migration pause

  • From: Linda Roos <>
  • To: "" <>, "" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Update on NGI BGP service migration pause
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 01:01:54 +0000

Hi,
As promised last week, we are providing an update on the pause in BGP service migrations that we initiated last Tuesday. Our engineers have been working closely with Cisco’s senior platform engineers to better understand the observed route convergence issue and our options for mitigating. As of today, we have identified the trigger and have developed several strategies that will allow us to resume the migrations. We are tentatively planning to resume migration on Monday, August 30th. In the meantime we will perform final validation and testing of the mitigation approaches. The online schedule [1] for service migrations has been updated to provide everyone an advance view of our tentative new schedule. Unless we identify any significant changes in our understanding of the issue or our mitigation approach, we will begin notifying folks, with targeted migration notifications, of their migration dates within the next few days.

Thank you for your support and if you have questions, please send them to .

Linda

Linda Roos
Sr Director, State and Regional Networks
Internet2

812-558-0615