regional-network-technical - Internet2 pausing BGP service migrations for this week

Subject: Regional Technical Contacts

Internet2 pausing BGP service migrations for this week

  • From: Linda Roos <>
  • To: "" <>, "" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Internet2 pausing BGP service migrations for this week
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 20:27:57 +0000

Hi,
The Next Generation Infrastructure (NGI) project has begun working with a few Connectors to migrate services to the new Cisco platform. While carefully monitoring the migration events, the NGI team has identified a route convergence issue that manifests itself during excessive link flapping on the Internet2 backbone. While this issue is rare, we believe prudence dictates that we pause the BGP service migrations that were scheduled to occur this week. This will provide time to work with our vendors to diagnose and form a mitigation strategy. We will provide an update regarding the resumption of the migration schedule on Monday, August 23, 2021. Thank you for your support and if you have questions, please send them to .
Linda
Linda Roos
Sr. Dir, State and Regional Networks
Internet2

  • Internet2 pausing BGP service migrations for this week, Linda Roos, 08/18/2021