perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Using perfsonar-tools

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Using perfsonar-tools

  • From: Gerald Vogt <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Using perfsonar-tools
  • Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2024 17:32:17 +0200

On 09.08.24 16:57, Mark Feit wrote:
How can I do a throughput test?

Make sure pScheduler is available on both ends.  I recommend installing the testpoint bundle with the security package to set up the firewall:

$ curl -s https://downloads.perfsonar.net/install | sudo sh -s - -- security testpoint

Thanks. The testpoint package installs a large amount of dependencies. That seemed a bit over the top for a few throughput tests to run.

I have installed

# dnf install pscheduler-tool-nuttcp pscheduler-tool-iperf3

and opened tcp port 5201 in the firewall. That installed and started everything to run some throughput tests.

I think to quickly disable scheduler access from the outside again, I can rename /etc/httpd/conf.d/pscheduler-api-server.conf. The peschduler services don't hurt at the moment as the server is only for testing anyway.

Anyway, thanks for pointing me into the right direction, even though it's not the offically recommended way...

-Gerald