perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Using perfsonar-tools

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Using perfsonar-tools

  • From: Gerald Vogt <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Using perfsonar-tools
  • Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2024 10:38:00 +0200

Hi,

I am trying to set up a server which I can use to do manual, single performance tests with public perfsonar servers.

I have installed perfsonar-tools on AlmaLinux 9 but I cannot figure out how to run a simple test with an external perfsonar server.

As far as I understand in the docs I have to use pscheduler, but doesn't seem to work. Even with assist and one testend pointing to the external perfsonar server, it still complains about the missing pscheduler server.

And even if I install pscheduler-server, I don't get it to work because the pscheduler-server does not offer any test tools.

Can anyone give a simple example how to run a performance test with an external, public perfsonar server after installing only perfsonar-tools?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Gerald