perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Also the Centos Toolkit RPM no longer loads the Optional Packages by default.

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Also the Centos Toolkit RPM no longer loads the Optional Packages by default.

  • From: Andrew Lake <>
  • To: Phil Reese <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Also the Centos Toolkit RPM no longer loads the Optional Packages by default.
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 08:01:45 -0700

Hi Phil,

We ran into a couple issues with our build infrastructure during the el7 RPM deploy, so perfsonar-common and a couple other rpms got dropped. Everything should be there now.

WRT "Optional Packages weren't loaded”, what exactly do you mean? On a toolkit install all the “optional packages” as they are called in the docs are requirements of the RPM and installed by default. They are only “optional" for the non-toolkit bundles (e.g. testpoint). There used to be a helper script that we dropped in favor of directly using yum (or def on EL8 and EL9) primarily because it was not compatible with EL8 and EL9 and one can just run the yum/dnf commands directly.