perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] elasticsearch.exceptions.AuthenticationException since PS-5.0 Update

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] elasticsearch.exceptions.AuthenticationException since PS-5.0 Update

  • From: Andrew Lake <>
  • To: Andreas Haupt <>,
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] elasticsearch.exceptions.AuthenticationException since PS-5.0 Update
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 07:33:21 -0700

Hi Andreas,

Actually just responded to a similar email off-list about an RHEL7 box, and I think I know the cause. A couple of our setup scripts that setup auth need to distinguish between Debian variants and EL variants but do so in such away that assume CentOS. Likely somewhere buried in the yum install output is a couple messages like "[ERROR]: Unknown operating system” from these scripts.

The good news is we actually had already started fixing these since it breaks things once you start using Alma and Rocky. These issues should be corrected in 5.0.2 (I suspect around Monday we should have that released). If you can wait until then I think your box will get fixed. If you need anything sooner let me know and I can give some nightly RPM builds to try.