perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Need some help knitting PS-archiver together with the Grafana Cookbook

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Need some help knitting PS-archiver together with the Grafana Cookbook

  • From: Phil Reese <>
  • To: perfsonar-user <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Need some help knitting PS-archiver together with the Grafana Cookbook
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 16:32:11 -0700
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=stanford.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=stanford.edu; dkim=pass header.d=stanford.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=j8xmtYtugNxTR325hX37qjbYmngNYO1FV3IhH8Ud4oc=; b=h47U0z88tP/2F4+c9FXt74bgnf+W68Uw2RTLN+P0jlAtM4GNbHcZlCxy1CcD3hiZeZ4FnBzy3zfV2i2yIKb0Cbtf22vjy833fRQehZMHqgplyqDy3Yej4oVECBWt4XMRRniBdZ8OFYd2fPDz6mdjDbvS4OmroRuv3GnRNZgeB+tU3+mOyk56DF8dKfxPtgK9IdUPisqh3Jq3nxpvh1qOyXPRXFdrTSsxRTcAhgl+KsSocvSFeQPokWVc0TRNzW8JUXbTKP+Cicsp2c1Y5IxSeLQFkucswwycgovmf9YozUCQJL+iMZx3Ay8AKcyCMHCkvQ83r0V/9IDZRvHf/GYNVw==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=JQJQmP80SS9ax41vmMMgno/5l+MLQLFzimbqc42MOA1XwQ76GsLnIZwPSlWFyjKJp5tk9I4sFOXCWgzkhPQBZsNhorgHH2yPwZdrqjjn1VbDzaxQT0YPr8TgBMq2+kQAc98frF/eJWiyBtdv4D4PXapuRKS1dGQb3Ptb6EpDtPdxi/UgfBlWn4CMuDfd6Y1c3pttKlSoGBV9PccFgdS8aPRax3BusqYedOZMrLhzvikrtsp2gXFeh5xVJ4pfaJ3Mri49NoL+EfFzLfJ6HVSrrNnXRuxBo8nL/96iY1Y4pAzaocfkrtBg6OqVyxeZDvC4yDvVO1Hzw+a2up/ulSFtkQ==

Hi,

I'm enjoying working with the new persfSONAR v5 bits.  Clearly a lot of work and re-jiggering has gone into this release.

I think I'm understanding the concepts but am struggling with some implementation details.

I put together a small mesh of testpoint nodes and one toolkit node.  My maddash grid of these hosts look like it should.  I'm struggling with the archiver host.  I've adjusted the grid json file using Scenario 1: MaDDash Reads from Legacy Esmond, from the archiver page, and the measurement hosts have accepted it and I know esmond is working and I think data is flowing to the archive host. (some trouble shooting tips for how to confirm this would be appreciated).

From Grafana I can point the data source option to the toolkit node and I get all the fun Grafana stuff.

However, when I install the  perfsonar-archive bundle on a Centos7 host and follow the same steps with Grafana to point at the archive system, it doesn't work.

Using a browser to point at the toolkit host, with 'http://toolkit-host.fun.edu/opensearch', I get a small bit of output in JSON format.

When I do the same with the archiver host it 'connects' but I'm presented with a '503 error Service Unavailable'.

Logstash, opensearch and https services are all happily running but I seem to be missing a step that I can't seem to figure out on my own.

Can someone offer some help?

Phil

tried http and https
added my address range to the apache-logstash.conf file
archiver host firewall only has these services listed: dhcpv6-client https ssh
toolkit host firewall has many more ports and services available, they seem mostly for the testing it does and data it receives.