perfsonar-user - RE: [perfsonar-user] Unable to retrieve data

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

RE: [perfsonar-user] Unable to retrieve data

  • From: "Garnizov, Ivan" <>
  • To: Joachim <>
  • Cc: "" <>, "Shogo Yoshioka" <>
  • Subject: RE: [perfsonar-user] Unable to retrieve data
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 15:30:07 +0000

Hi Joachim,

Well it depends on the point of view.

As you can see from the APAN dashboard the GEANT hosts can cope with the parameters applied by the mesh configuration in measurements with some remote hosts.

“A bit” seems not to be the right _expression_ though. Please note that the mesh configuration specifies 600 packets, while your server is chocking already at 60. Also it appears it is not the UDP packets that get lost, but for whatever reason the TCP control session appears to be dropped. You would need to capture the network communication to see the difference.

Dumping the network communication traffic did not much more than that. All I could see is that the last TCP exchange is just dropped / missing, which leaves the owping tool hanging / waiting.

Another example / clue is the statistics output. For the stalled tests when you break the owping process you get the results, but only in one direction and not both statistics. (check the shared measurements again)

It is interesting to see some output of results from your side.

“it would start to run again and not be stalled or block, is that right ?”

I would expect that, BUT then you get very small sessions of OWD latency tests, which might also not be very useful.

Regards,

Ivan Garnizov

GEANT WP6T3: pS development team

GEANT WP7T1: pS deployments GN Operations

GEANT WP9T2: Software governance in GEANT

so if the packet amount was set down a bit,

it would start to run again and not be stalled or block, is that right ?

Just to be sure.

Best regards
Joachim Hunosøe

+45 5374 7719