perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] testpoint in container on Nexus

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] testpoint in container on Nexus

  • From: Oleg Zharov <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] testpoint in container on Nexus
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 16:57:18 +0300

Hi,
I try to setup a test bed using PS "Testpoint in container" on Nexus 9300v. I installed testpoint as described in guide and I'm able to run it.
In container I see three namespaces and default is "management":
root@switch#ip netns
management (id: 1)
default (id: 0)
vnicBank (id: 200)

The problem is for configuration purposes it's perfectly fine to have "management" as default. But I want to test Data interfaces and they are only accessible in "default" namespace.

I can run any command in "default" namespace with:
"ip netns exec default twping 1.1.1.1" for example

but I'm afraid that pscheduler knows nothing about that command and will try to run just simple "twping/owping/iperf/..."
without any "netns" options. One idea maybe to make a "wrapper" between "tools" and "ip netns exec " but
So far I have limited experience with PS, I will appreciate if someone could point me to the right way to use testpoint setup on Nexus. I saw Thomas Costello's presentation on youtube where he described such environment but without technical details.

Kind regards,
Oleg