perfsonar-user - RE: [perfsonar-user] Add a new visualization of graphs - perfSONAR Toolkit

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

RE: [perfsonar-user] Add a new visualization of graphs - perfSONAR Toolkit

  • From: "Garnizov, Ivan" <>
  • To: HADJALI Mehdi <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [perfsonar-user] Add a new visualization of graphs - perfSONAR Toolkit
  • Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2020 16:32:10 +0000

Dear Mehdi,

It is nice, that you are also looking for ways to improve the operation and management of perfSONAR. Still we also have the concerns for managing and keeping the integrity of our product.

An implementation of ELK or similar visualisation integrated in the perfSONAR Toolkit bundle is our ultimate goal. The replacement of the visualisation system, which is part of a more complex integration is not to be underestimated. Such a visualisation we see as a result of successful implementation and solution for our central management bundle. The Toolkit bundle is our most complex solution in terms of integration and the most installed also.

Also ELK is just one of the options and we are reviewing options with Grafana as well. We are not ready as of now to commit to a specific visualisation solution.

If you are interested in experimenting with Elasticsearch, then you should check the pscheduler archiving options, which will allow you to play various options with the measurement results and storage: https://docs.perfsonar.net/pscheduler_ref_archivers.html

Regards,

Ivan Garnizov

GEANT WP6T3: pS development team

GEANT WP7T1: pS deployments GN Operations

GEANT WP9T2: Software governance in GEANT