perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] How to redirect 80 port ?

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] How to redirect 80 port ?

  • From: Andrew Lake <>
  • To: , Marco Saldarriaga <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] How to redirect 80 port ?
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 15:12:38 -0400

Hi,

While you may find the FAQ sparse on details, it is accurate that you can follow the apache instructions to install an SSL certificate, there’s nothing special. We cleaned this up a couple years ago so it was easier for people. There are many users that have similar needs to install their own certificates, allow a stricter set of ciphers, etc. The toolkit tries to give people a sane set of defaults without getting in their way if they want to change things. To that end it does not touch the default ssl.conf file. It installs a file called /etc/httpd/conf.d/apache-perfsonar-security.conf which sets some globally scoped settings for the cipher, allowed tls version, etc. The default ssl.conf that ships with Apache creates a virtual host and any settings set inside the virtual host override the global settings in the apache-perfsonar-security.conf. It does NOT set the certificate, that is left to the ssl.conf file. Thus you should be able to follow the instructions for adding a Let’s Encrypt certificate on an Apache server and it should just work. Subsequent perfSONAR updates, etc should leave your configuration alone.