perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Change scale graphs in Maddash-graphs

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Change scale graphs in Maddash-graphs

  • From: Phil Reese <>
  • To: HADJALI Mehdi <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Change scale graphs in Maddash-graphs
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2020 08:59:13 -0700

Hi Mehdi,

I've hit this question myself on several occasions.  (I'm talking about changing the values of the test levels, you might be talking about changing the wording, which seems a more difficult challenge.)

The tip is in the PS Doc site here:
https://docs.perfsonar.net/psconfig_maddash_agent.html#introduction-to-the-psconfig-maddash-grid-command
(its weird but searching within the perfSONAR Doc site doesn't find the term, maddash-grid, but a simple google search of  'site:docs.perfsonar.net "maddash-grid" ' takes you right there)

It took me maybe three readings of that whole long page to 'grok' what was being said but then things came together.

In my experience you can get near to your desired states but not all the way.

For example, in my throughput tests on my 1g hosts, they never get the full 1Gbps.  The following lowers the OK/green threshold to .9Gbps:
psconfig maddash-grid edit --name default_throughput --check-warning-threshold .9

Similarly, for the traceroute grid, there are good reasons for my hosts to have more than one route (2 is the most likely), this fixes it:
psconfig maddash-grid edit --name default_trace —check-critical-threshold 2 --check-warning-threshold 3

All the correct words are in the commands but I think you'll find you can't set it as exactly as you'd like.

Good luck making the changes and deciphering the doc pages.  (Szymon's approach seems to be one level lower than psconfig commands can go, so his answer may get you closer to your goal.)

Phil