perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Help in choosing the right installation bundle

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Help in choosing the right installation bundle

  • From: "Olariu, Vlad" <>
  • To: "''" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Help in choosing the right installation bundle
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 14:22:12 +0000

Hello,

I’ve been reading the documentation but honestly it’s not at all clear what software I need to install for my purposes. What I want to achieve is basically have 1 host where the “green checkered dashboard” is hosted and from where I can coordinate other internal hosts in the network that allow me to use ping and iperf tests but only between my own hosts, no external hosts.

By reading the documentation [1] it seems that to centrally manage the other hosts I need to install “perfsonar-centralmanagement” on the host where I want the dashboard to be, and then install “perfsonar-testpoint” on the hosts that will act as probes.

My doubt is about the fact that both of these packages do not contain the Webgui for coordinating the tests… that’s only in the toolking. Is that correct? Could you guide me in what should I install if all I want is to have the checkered dashboard and various probes around the network testing each-other in a mesh?

Thanks!

The information contained in this communication is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete this message. Do not disclose the email or any part of it to any person.  The views expressed in this email are the views of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of Millennium Capital Partners LLP (MCP LLP) or any of its affiliates.

Communications to/from MCP LLP and its affiliates, including telephone communications, may be electronically archived in accordance with relevant data protection regulations and may be subject to review and/or disclosure to someone other than the recipient.  For more information, please see our privacy policy. https://www.mlp.com/media/1176/privacy-notice-uk.pdf

MCP LLP is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. MCP LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England & Wales with number OC312897 and with its registered office at 50 Berkeley Street, London, W1J 8HD