perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] This should be an easy one, right?

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] This should be an easy one, right?

  • From: Szymon Trocha <>
  • To: Phil Reese <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] This should be an easy one, right?
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2019 20:00:58 +0200

Hi Phil,

W dniu 02.10.2019 o 17:17, Phil Reese (via perfsonar-user Mailing List) pisze:
Hi,

I've been working with a good sized MaDDash grid.  Every other day or so, a whole line goes orange on all the grids, like the agent has failed.  I find that the agent can still be logged into however. Further, a 'systemctl status pscheduler-*' shows all the pscheduler services active and green.  The pscheduler-runner.service does seem to have a long list of CGroup lines.  A simple 'systemctl restart pscheduler-*' has solved the problem in three out of three cases. Probably not normal behavior, is it?

My real question is that my throughput grid has more yellows than I'd like.  I think the TCP startup may be an issue.  I'd like to add the -O4 option to the iperf3 command line.  Doing this hasn't been obvious after a day of poking around.  I'd hoped that ' /etc/pscheduler/tool/iperf3.conf' would be the place to add it.  All but one of the lines in the file are commented out, just '[iperf3]' is uncommented.   I looked at the python code which consumes this .conf file and the variable name to use seems like it might be 'omit = 4' or 'omit_secs = 4' but neither seems to work.  What and where is the place to add options to the throughput tool command line?

In the pSConfig template (JSON file) with your mesh definition, there is a test section that defines test parameters and takes them from pscheduler options. So for your throughput section you'd have to add:

omit: "PT4S"
in order to get your -O4

Szymon Trocha
Poznań Supercomputing & Networking Center
General NOC phone +48 61-858-2015 | noc.pcss.pl
Personal desk phone +48 61-858-2022 Wysłaliśmy do Ciebie ten e-mail w odpowiedzi na Twoje zapytanie lub w związku z oferowaną usługą. Przesłanie korespondencji do Centrum Zarządzania PCSS lub zgłoszenie telefoniczne jest równoznaczne z wyrażeniem zgody na przetwarzanie danych osobowych przez Instytut Chemii Bioorganicznej Polskiej Akademii Nauk w Poznaniu adres: ul. Z. Noskowskiego 12/14, 61-704 Poznań. Szczegółowe informacje znajdują się w naszej Polityce prywatności. | This message has been sent as a part of communication with PSNC NOC or your service request sent to us. For more information read our Privacy Policy.