perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] This should be an easy one, right?

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] This should be an easy one, right?

  • From: Phil Reese <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] This should be an easy one, right?
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2019 08:17:29 -0700

Hi,

I've been working with a good sized MaDDash grid.  Every other day or so, a whole line goes orange on all the grids, like the agent has failed.  I find that the agent can still be logged into however. Further, a 'systemctl status pscheduler-*' shows all the pscheduler services active and green.  The pscheduler-runner.service does seem to have a long list of CGroup lines.  A simple 'systemctl restart pscheduler-*' has solved the problem in three out of three cases. Probably not normal behavior, is it?

My real question is that my throughput grid has more yellows than I'd like.  I think the TCP startup may be an issue.  I'd like to add the -O4 option to the iperf3 command line.  Doing this hasn't been obvious after a day of poking around.  I'd hoped that ' /etc/pscheduler/tool/iperf3.conf' would be the place to add it.  All but one of the lines in the file are commented out, just '[iperf3]' is uncommented.   I looked at the python code which consumes this .conf file and the variable name to use seems like it might be 'omit = 4' or 'omit_secs = 4' but neither seems to work.  What and where is the place to add options to the throughput tool command line?

Thanks,
Phil