perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] New machine won't globally register

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] New machine won't globally register

  • From: Pete Siemsen <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] New machine won't globally register
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 17:39:30 -0600

My freshly installed perfsonar won't globally register itself. I had this problem before, documented at https://lists.internet2.edu/sympa/arc/perfsonar-user/2018-07/msg00019.html

I found that old posting, and the solution it contains improved things this time, somewhat. My /var/log/perfsonar/lsregistrationdaemon.log is attached. It shows that things were really not working, and then after I applied Andy's fix, the logs messages look promising.

But I'm still not globally registered. Huh. The machine is perfsonar-1850.frgp.net.

-- Pete