perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] iperf3:Unable to determine participants: Process took too long to run

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] iperf3:Unable to determine participants: Process took too long to run

  • From: <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] iperf3:Unable to determine participants: Process took too long to run

Hello all,

I installed the testpoint bundle on one of our system and I was able to
schedule nuttcp, iperf2 tests but iperf3. Below is the error message and
troubleshoot message. In addition, I was able to run the standalone iperf3
tool between the 2 systems. Please let me know if you have any advices. I read
a previous post said the system might be overwhelmed but in my case the other
2 throughput tools are working functional.

$pscheduler task --assist xxx:9443 throughput --dest yyy --dest-node yyy:9443
--source xxx --source-node xxx:9443
Submitting with assistance from xxx:9443...
Unable to post task: Unable to determine participants: Process took too long
to run.
The 'pscheduler troubleshoot' command may be of use in problem
diagnosis. 'pscheduler troubleshoot --help' for more information.

$pscheduler troubleshoot --host=xxx:9443
Performing basic troubleshooting of xxx:9443.

xxx:9443:

Checking path MTU... Not supported
Checking for pScheduler... OK.
Checking clock... Unsynchronized (Not considered fatal)
Idle test.... 14 seconds.... Checking archiving... OK.

pScheduler appears to be functioning normally.

Shawn Wang,
Northwestern University