perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Missing non-agent->agent traceroute tests in mesh

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Missing non-agent->agent traceroute tests in mesh

  • From: "Uhl, George D. (GSFC-423.0)[SGT INC]" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Missing non-agent->agent traceroute tests in mesh
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2019 20:33:18 +0000
  • Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 ndjsvnpf102.ndc.nasa.gov 8EA884012C46

Hi,

I have a set of managed testpoints that are in a mesh with no-agent nodes.  I have a situation where reverse traceroutes are not getting scheduled when the no-agent nodes are the source – despite the fact that that forward traceroutes run fine with the managed node as the source.  I can’t find any consistency in the psconfig-pscheduler logs that point to an obvious cause.  I’m not having these issues with throughput tests between the same managed node/no-agent pairs.

Using “psconfig scheduler-tasks”, I see that the reverse traceroute test specifications are getting downloaded from the psconfig template.  However, when I run “pscheduler schedule —filter-test=trace” I only get the forward traceroutes.  What checks are performed by psconfig-pscheduler-agent that would drop the reverse traceroutes ?

Thanks,
George