perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] 4 Questions on deployment of Central Archive

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] 4 Questions on deployment of Central Archive

  • From: Minseok Jang <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] 4 Questions on deployment of Central Archive
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2019 14:38:19 +0900

Dear, All.

I have 20 low-cost PS nodes. I have a plan to introduce CA(Central Archive) and get rid of archives on each PS node.

1. What is the hardware requirements of CA for 20 ~ 50 PS nodes? I will create virtual machines on VMware vSphere solutions for CA, and I want to know the adequate number of cores, memory, disks, etc.

2. How can I add more storages on CA if disks become full?

3. How can I merge existing multiple archives on 20 PS nodes to one CA? I asked Andrew Lee in APAN47, and he said that it should be done manually.

4. How to set a lifetime on each record in the archive? For example, 6 months is set as lifetime, then records over would be discarded.

Best Regards
Minseok Jang
Minseok Jang (張旻錫, 장민석)

KREONET Center / Supercomputing Division
Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information

Email:
Phone: +82-42-869-1292 / Mobile: +82-10-2630-7480

  • [perfsonar-user] 4 Questions on deployment of Central Archive, Minseok Jang, 02/22/2019