perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR Support Timeline

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR Support Timeline

  • From: "Larry J. Blunk" <>
  • To: "Pennington, Mike" <>
  • Cc: "Anderson, Eric L." <>, Stephen Fromm <>, Andrew Lake <>,
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR Support Timeline
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 13:42:46 -0400 (EDT)
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23:tTFiTxx40D20w1LXCy+O+j09IxM/srCxBDY+r6Qd0esWIJqq85mqBkHD//Il1AaPBtqLra8fwLOL+4nbGkU+or+5+EgYd5JNUxJXwe43pCcHRPC/NEvgMfTxZDY7FskRHHVs/nW8LFQHUJ2mPw6aijSI4DUTAhTyMxZubqSwQ9aKzpf/6+fnsaXeZQNJgjWhZrU2ZDC3rgib/p0TgIBiI6s1jAPEpH1JfetKwmVAOFmUmRC668utqs1N6SNV7rgF/tRaQO3YOewSSaFeD35uZ2Q37uXuuAPCUU2C6mZKATZeqQZBHwWQtEKyZZz2qCav87MlgCQ=

Have hosted several speedtest servers for a couple years as well. The
auto-update
feature makes me a bit nervous, but I run them as an unprivileged user.
There
is a Beta HTML5 based client at beta.speedtest.net.

The server listens on port 8080 UDP/TCP, although I have only ever seen the
clients
connect with TCP. Has optional support for IPv6. FYI, I've run netstat on
the server
and noticed that the client opens 16 simultaneous connections when running a
test.

The reporting used to be more useful, but they no longer show stats for
mobile
app users and now star out the last two octets of IPv4 addresses for privacy.
There's a for fee option to get more detailed reports.

-Larry Blunk
Merit

----- On Sep 28, 2016, at 12:45 PM, Pennington, Mike