perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Adding host MA to central mesh config

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Adding host MA to central mesh config

  • From: "Jennewein, Douglas M" <>
  • To: Andrew Lake <>, Szymon Trocha <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Adding host MA to central mesh config
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 20:10:31 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23:HgjFCBMoyVQpuoDbym8l6mtUPXoX/o7sNwtQ0KIMzox0KPj9rarrMEGX3/hxlliBBdydsK0UzbeN+Pm9EUU7or+/81k6OKRWUBEEjchE1ycBO+WiTXPBEfjxciYhF95DXlI2t1uyMExSBdqsLwaK+i76xXcoFx7+LQt4IPjuUs6X1pzvlrP6x5qGSgNEnjeiKZd7Lxj++QzXutg+jJAkLKstnF+BmWlZfuNQjV9yIlmTll6o/dWh+ZlltThKvPkh/uZFWKO8Z6MqS7VeSiwiZTMb/sru4FPhQA2J62QRU2NS2jZPHgfB5Qqye9255gf9q+U7+iScO8DpQLEycSm54+FmRAK+23RPDCIw7GyC0p84t6lcuh/04kUnm4M=

Understood - Internet2-staging has been removed.

Trying to add a different (3.5) measurement host to the MA is still not working.

Our JSON config includes a measurement-archive section for our site: https://perfsonar-management.usd.edu/usd-mesh.json

I created IP address users in esmond, specifying the IP address of each measurement host (e.g. python esmond/manage.py add_user_ip_address smallnode_user1 192.236.58.240), and ran generate_configutation on each measurement host.

The regulartesting.conf file on the measurement host contains this <measurement_archive> entry:
<measurement_archive>
    database   http://perfsonar-management.usd.edu/esmond/perfsonar/archive
    <summary>
        event_type   throughput
        summary_window   86400
        summary_type   average
    </summary>
    type   esmond/throughput
    added_by_mesh   1
</measurement_archive>

However, it appears that no measurements are being archived: http://perfsonar-management.usd.edu/esmond/perfsonar/archive/

Is additional configuration necessary, or are the steps above incomplete?

--
Doug