perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Clearing host test data from PS node

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Clearing host test data from PS node

  • From: Hervey Allen <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Clearing host test data from PS node
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2016 21:35:04 +1000

Hello Everyone:

I read through this old thread on removing host test data from a PS node.

I've got a new PS install here at the University of Guam running Toolkit
version 3.5.1.4. I tried using the original ps-toolkit-migrate-backup.sh
script /usr/lib/perfsonar/scripts/ but without luck. It looks like it
might now have been updated for current version of perfSONAR? I tried
updating the script at the first failure looking for
/opt/perfsonar_ps/toolkit/etc/administrative_info to point it to the
current location of administrative_info, but that did not work.

In any case, the new install has a number of initial test results we
created when the box was first installed. We can live with completely
removing all test results and starting over, but I was wondering if
there is a proper method for removing historical results. Below there
was mention of using:

/opt/perfsonar_ps/perfsonarbuoy_ma/bin/bwdb.pl -i root

To remove all the bwctl historical test results, but I don't see that
script available on my newer install.

Andy advice or steering in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Cheers,
- Hervey

--
Hervey Allen Assistant Director, Network Startup Resource Center

http://nsrc.org/ : http://facebook.com/nsrc.org
GPG Fingerprint: AC08 31CB E453 6C65 2AB3 4EDB CEEB 5A74 C6E5 624F