perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Clearing host test data from PS node

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Clearing host test data from PS node

  • From: Hervey Allen <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Clearing host test data from PS node
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 09:53:04 +1000

On 8/1/16 11:31 PM, Antoine Delvaux wrote:
> Hello Hervey,
>
> These perfsonarbuoy scripts are now deprecated.
>
> To remove all data from a perfSONAR archive, we provide you with the
> script /usr/lib/perfsonar/scripts/clean_esmond_db.sh

Excellent. Thank you Antoine!

> If you want to migrate your data to another host or to keep it safe
> while re-installing the toolkit, there is
> /usr/lib/perfsonar/scripts/ps-toolkit-migrate-backup.sh and

I tried:

# /usr/lib/perfsonar/scripts/ps-toolkit-migrate-backup.sh /tmp/backup.tar

and

$ sudo /usr/lib/perfsonar/scripts/ps-toolkit-migrate-backup.sh
/tmp/backup.tar

and get:

Backing-up users...[SUCCESS]
Backing-up groups...[SUCCESS]
Backing-up passwords...[SUCCESS]
Backing up administrative users...[SUCCESS]
Backing-up administrative info...grep:
/opt/perfsonar_ps/toolkit/etc/administrative_info: No such file or directory
Unable to copy /opt/perfsonar_ps/toolkit/etc/administrative_info

Perhaps I am calling this incorrectly?

> /usr/lib/perfsonar/scripts/ps-toolkit-migrate-restore.sh
>
> Is this what you’re looking for?

But, yes, this should work as I think we are going to start over on the
tests on this.

Thank you Antoine.

Cheers,
- Hervey

> Cheers,
>
> -- --
> Antoine Delvaux Systems Engineer
> Poznań Supercomputing & Network Center Skype: toninb
> GÉANT project Tel: +221.703368313
> http://www.geant.net XMPP:
>

> PGP fingerprint: DC65 0D8B 6938 9229 33C3 18CA 4EB6 09D3 A333 3378
>
>> Le 1 août 2016 à 11:35, Hervey Allen
>> <>
>> a écrit :
>>
>> Hello Everyone:
>>
>> I read through this old thread on removing host test data from a PS
>> node.
>>
>> I've got a new PS install here at the University of Guam running
>> Toolkit version 3.5.1.4. I tried using the original
>> ps-toolkit-migrate-backup.sh script /usr/lib/perfsonar/scripts/ but
>> without luck. It looks like it might now have been updated for
>> current version of perfSONAR? I tried updating the script at the
>> first failure looking for
>> /opt/perfsonar_ps/toolkit/etc/administrative_info to point it to
>> the current location of administrative_info, but that did not
>> work.
>>
>> In any case, the new install has a number of initial test results
>> we created when the box was first installed. We can live with
>> completely removing all test results and starting over, but I was
>> wondering if there is a proper method for removing historical
>> results. Below there was mention of using:
>>
>> /opt/perfsonar_ps/perfsonarbuoy_ma/bin/bwdb.pl -i root
>>
>> To remove all the bwctl historical test results, but I don't see
>> that script available on my newer install.
>>
>> Andy advice or steering in the right direction would be
>> appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Cheers, - Hervey
>>
>> On 7/26/14 5:46 AM, Jeremy Palmer wrote:
>>> This may or may not be what you are looking for, but a while back
>>> I had some issues when I converted my nodes from standalone to a
>>> mesh config and I needed to clear out the OWAMP database. I used
>>> the following command to basically re-create the owamp database
>>> from scratch (deleting ALL data in the process):
>>>
>>> /opt/perfsonar_ps/perfsonarbuoy_ma/bin/owdb.pl -i root
>>>
>>> There is also a script in that directory for the bwctl database
>>> which I assume does the same thing for that db:
>>>
>>> /opt/perfsonar_ps/perfsonarbuoy_ma/bin/bwdb.pl -i root
>>>
>>> This appears to completely drop and recreate the database, so
>>> make sure thats what you really want to do.
>>>
>>> Jeremy Palmer Senior Network Engineer ViaWest, Inc. Office:
>>> 720.891.1045 Fax: 303-874-5236 http://www.viawest.com

--2014-07-25 11:34:43--

Resolving anonsvn.internet2.edu