perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Cannot add or configure tests

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Cannot add or configure tests

  • From: Sowmya Balasubramanian <>
  • To: "Wiegand, Paul" <>
  • Cc: Szymon Trocha <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Cannot add or configure tests
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 10:50:45 -0700

Hi Paul,

If you send me the ip of the host, I can check with ESnet security group to see if the ip got blocked by accident.

Thanks,
Sowmya

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 7:18 AM, Wiegand, Paul <> wrote:
Good question; I should have checked myself.  There does seem to be a problem retrieving the "activehosts.json" file:

2016/06/28 10:08:16 (29842) ERROR> LookupService.pm:73 perfSONAR_PS::Utils::LookupService::discover_lookup_services - Problem retrieving http://ps1.es.net:8096/lookup/activehosts.json: 500 Timeout

Our ScienceDMZ is heavily locked down by ACLs.  That address pings fine but perhaps the port is being blocked.  I will follow up with our CI engineer.  Did something change with a recent update with respect to this?  I was able to configure tests several months ago.

Thanks,
Paul.