perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Negative Latency Times on MaDDash

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Negative Latency Times on MaDDash

  • From: Michael Reece <>
  • To: "<>" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Negative Latency Times on MaDDash
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 16:22:02 -0400

I know that this issue has been raised before, but perhaps someone has a solution to it. For some reason the latency times between several of the nodes in my mesh are negative. I've been told before that this is likely due to the close proximity of the nodes in the mesh (most are less than a mile apart). This wouldn't really be a problem except for the fact these negative times show up red in the MaDDash latency grid. The legend states that only time of 10ms and greater will have the color red, but clearly the negative values are showing up red as well. Here is a screenshot of my latency grid on MaDDash:
Inline image 1
Has anyone found a solution to this annoying problem? I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Mike Reece