perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Warning banner for toolkit/auth page

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Warning banner for toolkit/auth page

  • From: Daniel Doyle <>
  • To: "Uhl, George D. (GSFC-423.0)[SGT INC]" <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Warning banner for toolkit/auth page
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 14:08:16 -0500

Hi George,

I’m not entirely sure what you’re trying to do here. You’re trying to add Apache basic auth to the toolkit (the popup that prompts someone for a username / password), or you’re trying to specify a particular message when that happens? This is something inherent to Apache and not something the toolkit has a lot of control over outside of setting the AuthName value.

It sounds like what you’re describing is maybe a “message of the day” type thing, which could be a feature request for the UI in the future. Is that accurate?

Dan Doyle
GlobalNOC Software Developer
1-812-856-3892