perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Warning banner for toolkit/auth page

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Warning banner for toolkit/auth page

  • From: "Uhl, George D. (GSFC-423.0)[SGT INC]" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Warning banner for toolkit/auth page
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 21:05:24 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

During my last security audit I was pinged for not having a warning banner pop up when a  user logs into the ps-toolkit page.  There is a pop up window for entering the username/password window but the length of the required warning banner is too long for the login message field.  I’ve tried FF and Chrome and I can’t get the entire warning to display so  I can’t use Apache's AuthName directive for this.

A separate pop window would be great and I tried that with a _javascript_ alert – but it wouldn’t display.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
George