perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] looking for a perfsonar test node near Internet2 in LA

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] looking for a perfsonar test node near Internet2 in LA

  • From: Brian Tierney <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Cc: John-Paul Robinson <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] looking for a perfsonar test node near Internet2 in LA
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 11:30:57 -0800

Also, you can see all the California servers here:

(and zoom in on the location of interest)

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 4:44 AM, Jason Zurawski <> wrote:
Hey JPR;

I believe I know of a couple - but the exact plumbing of how physically close they are to the various LA POPs will need some help from others that know:

    IU International/Transpac: nms2.transpac.org
    JPL: 130.152.181.53
    Los Nettos: ps-bw.ln.net, ps-dly.ln.net
    CENIC: ps-lax-10g.cenic.net, ps-lax-dc-1g.cenic.net, ps-lax-dc-owamp.cenic.net

Thanks;

-jason

John-Paul Robinson wrote:
Hi,

What's the best way to find a perfsonar test node near an Internet2
peering point?  The traceroutes to a NET+ service we are using
terminates at the Internet2 core router (
et-4-0-0.10.rtr.wilc.net.internet2.edu), located in LA according to
https://routerproxy.grnoc.iu.edu/internet2/.

I'd like to determine what our best bandwidth is to this point from our
science dmz.

Thanks,

~jpr

--
Brian Tierney, http://www.es.net/tierney
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet), Berkeley National Lab