perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Re: Various breakages after 3.5 upgrade

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Re: Various breakages after 3.5 upgrade

  • From: Brian Candler <>
  • To: Andrew Lake <>
  • Cc: ,
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Re: Various breakages after 3.5 upgrade
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 11:25:57 +0000

Given that most of those issues are crossed-off or I have workarounds, I have now upgraded the 3.4.2 node to 3.5

This old problem resurfaced: https://github.com/perfsonar/graphs/issues/23 - but I just applied the same patch as before.

Now, you wrote earlier:

All ping tests will use bwping, but if your local host is the one sending
the ping
> it will run an endpointless test (the bwping -E option) which means that it won’
> try to talk to BWCTL on the other side, it will just fire off the ping.

What about traceroute? Will that use -E in this case as well?

The issue is I do not see any traceroute information to the dumb hosts after the upgrade to 3.5 took place. Clicking "Do not de-duplicate results", the last successful traceroute appears to just before I did the upgrade.

regular_testing.conf has:

<test>
<parameters>
send_only 1
test_ipv4_ipv6 1
type bwtraceroute
</parameters>
<target>

But I don't see errors relating to bwtraceroute in regular_testing.log

Regards,

Brian.