perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Problem on the throughput test results

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Problem on the throughput test results

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To: Xu Chen <>, "Wu, Xiaoban" <>
  • Cc: perfsonar-user <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Problem on the throughput test results
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 14:52:33 -0400

Greetings;

Besides the end hosts being configured for Jumbo frames, the entire broadcast domain needs to be working with jumbo frames as well (e.g. the switch, and devices populating it).  If something is mis-configured, the application will not function.  You can test to be sure you have a clean 9000 byte path with 'ping -s 8972'.

Thanks;

-jason

Xu Chen wrote:
Their MTU size is also 9000.