perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Some questions about a slide

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Some questions about a slide

  • From: "Wu, Xiaoban" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Some questions about a slide
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 21:16:16 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23

Dear All,

I have been reading this slide http://www.perfsonar.net/media/cms_page_media/3271/20150701-perfSONAR-7-Debugging_Strategies-v1.pdf  , but now I am struggling with some questions.

On page 10 and page 17, it says we need to find the longest clean path and segment-to-segment test is not helpful. I want to know if anybody has done some tests to verify that segment-to-segment test is not helpful. If so, could you please provide the details of how you implement this test? Thanks so much for your help.

On the other hand, on page 20, it shows a long clean path. I want to know how to make sure that it is clean, so we can trust it. Moreover, how to find such long clean path? Since segment-to-segment test is not helpful, gradually increasing the path probably may deceive us. If you have done any similar test, could you please also provide some details? Thanks so much for your help.

All the best,

Xiaoban