perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] bwping/owamp tests randomly stop and never restart

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] bwping/owamp tests randomly stop and never restart

  • From: Ty Bell <>
  • To: perfsonar-user <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] bwping/owamp tests randomly stop and never restart
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 15:19:32 -0400

Hi All,

Wondering if this is something anyone else has observed. I have 10 hosts in a
mesh all running owamp tests, and randomly (maybe once a week) I’ll check on
the mesh and see two hosts have stopped testing in one direction. It’s never
the same hosts, and never the same direction, seems totally random. I can
execute tests from the command line and they run just fine. I’ve looked
around for hung owamp processes or daemon restarts and haven’t found anything.

The only resolution I’ve found is to restart regular testing on both hosts.

Thanks,
--Ty