perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Restarting eash service while debug

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Restarting eash service while debug

  • From: Winnie Lacesso <>
  • To: Aaron Brown <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Restarting eash service while debug
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 11:27:21 +0000 (GMT)

Bonjour!

Thank you very much, your advice is most helpful!!
(Why isn't the documentation ?! so sad)

On Mon, 2 Feb 2015, Aaron Brown wrote:
> > Can someone help translate where to find its problem?
>
> As of 3.4, the perfsonarbuoy tools are no longer used. The new service is
> called 'regular_testing'.

Ah, most interesting. Both our perfsonar boxen were v3.3 installs & got
updated to v3.4. It sounds like from what you say that some v3.3 services
that are not for v4.3 have been left enabled - am I right?
This could be causing some havoc on the poor broken box.

So for Latency-only node, here are the services perfsonar had enabled (in
rc3.d start order) after the v3.4 upgrade:

config_daemon
cassandra
oppd
simple_ls_bootstrap_client
ls_cache_daemon
ls_registration_daemon
owampd
traceroute_ma
traceroute_master
traceroute_ondemand_mp
traceroute_scheduler
mysqld
postgresql (up to this one all are started on the latency box)
perfsonarbuoy_ma AB says this can be chkconfig'd off
perfsonarbuoy_owp_collector ditto
perfsonarbuoy_owp_master ditto - failed to start anyway
PingER (These are the next ones to start - not running yet)
regular_testing
abrt-ccpp
abrtd
abrt-oops
httpd
fail2ban
configure_nic_parameters
generate_motd
psb_to_esmond
(And the crontabs)

So the *buoy* services that started are stopped & all 3 chkconfig'd off.

What else might be a v3.3 remnant that the v3.4 upgrade did not correctly
chkconfig off?

HYPER-GRATEFUL for advice!