perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Change of IP

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Change of IP

  • From: Andrew Lake <>
  • To: Brian Candler <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Change of IP
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 09:55:03 -0500

Hi,

There's a script that allows you to delete data based on age, so you could
potentially use that, though I am guessing since it is a remote host you have
a bunch of other data you don't want deleted that is just as old. I have
created an issue to add a filter based on IP address to our DB cleaner
script. You could likely monkey with postgres to change the IP, but I
generally don't think retroactively changing things like the IP observed at
the time of the measurement is a good idea….but maybe I have seen Back to the
Future too many times and have become too wary of changing the past ;)

On Jan 28, 2015, at 9:57 AM, Brian Candler