perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Perfsonar behind NAT

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Perfsonar behind NAT

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Perfsonar behind NAT
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 13:07:37 -0500

Hello;

Unfortunately the perfSONAR tools (BWCTL, OWAMP) that would participate in a
regular testing fashion will not work with NAT. In most cases the tools need
to bind to a specific address as a part of their protocol operation.

There are ways to work around this on the command line, for example BWCTL can
function if one end of the connection has a non-natted address. There is an
option called —flip that will reverse the direction of the control protocol
to enable communication. OWAMP will not be able to work with a NAT due to
the way it is designed.

To address the last issue, we do not have an IRNC channel.

Thanks;

-jason

On Dec 11, 2014, at 11:01 AM,