perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Network Diagnostic Tester (NDT) service keeps dying on 3.4.1 toolkit host, web100srv not running

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Network Diagnostic Tester (NDT) service keeps dying on 3.4.1 toolkit host, web100srv not running

  • From: Jeremy Palmer <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Network Diagnostic Tester (NDT) service keeps dying on 3.4.1 toolkit host, web100srv not running
  • Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 11:06:15 -0700

Ever since upgrading my toolkit hosts to 3.4.1, the NDT service randomly stops running (shows as "Not Running" on the toolkit homepage). If you try to run a NDT test, it gives the error "Server process not running: Start web100srv process on remote server".
When I restart the NDT service, I always get the following:

# service ndt restart
Stopping web100srv: [FAILED]
Stopping fakewww: [ OK ]
Starting web100srv: [ OK ]
Starting fakewww: [ OK ]

Once I restart it, it seems to run fine for a few days but eventually dies again. This seems to be occurring randomly on all of my 3.4.1 toolkit hosts. I don't see anything of note in the /var/log/web100srv.log file.

Anyone else having this issue or have any ideas on how to troubleshoot it?

--
Jeremy Palmer
Senior Network Engineer