perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] web GUI shows uni-directional throughput

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] web GUI shows uni-directional throughput

  • From: Zhi-Wei Lu <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] web GUI shows uni-directional throughput
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 15:48:21 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hi all,

We have a few perfsonar nodes and we configure band width tests between them.  Let us call hosts A and B,  on both hosts we configured BW test between them.  On host A, we see throughput between A and B on both direction, however, on host B, I only see GUI display of Src-Dst, not Dst-Src throughput.  We did change the FQDN of host B (kept the same IP), the old name is a CNAME to the new FQDN for host B.

If I manually run “bwctl -s A” and ”bwctl –c A”  from host B, the tests work just fine. It appears that the data in the database table appears to be just fine (bwctl.201409_DATA).

Thank you for your suggestions to fix this issue.

Zhi-Wei Lu

IET-CR-Network Operations Center

University of California, Davis

(530) 752-0155