perfsonar-user - Re: [se-cipo-des] RES: RES: [perfsonar-user] RES: RES: RES: RES: RES: RES: RES: RES: [Monipe-des] Fwd: lookup service docs

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [se-cipo-des] RES: RES: [perfsonar-user] RES: RES: RES: RES: RES: RES: RES: RES: [Monipe-des] Fwd: lookup service docs

  • From: Sowmya Balasubramanian <>
  • To: Antoine Delvaux <>
  • Cc: Fausto Vetter <>, Andy Lake <>, Comunicação com os desenvolvedores do projeto MONIPE <>, "" <>, "" <>, SE-Cipó Desenvolvimento <>, Murilo Vetter <>
  • Subject: Re: [se-cipo-des] RES: RES: [perfsonar-user] RES: RES: RES: RES: RES: RES: RES: RES: [Monipe-des] Fwd: lookup service docs
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 16:21:10 -0700

Hi Fausto,

The pS-pS community is using the Simple Lookup Service(sLS). The toolkits have already been modified to use sLS. So, if you download the latest toolkit/upgrade, your toolkit will have the ability to register to sLS. Also, I believe some of your clients have already been integrated with sLS.

For backward compatibility, we do provide a script that translates hLS/gLS data to sLS. So, if you use the sLS, you will have access to all the new toolkits registering with sLS and the older toolkits that register to hLS/gLS.

And, If you are interested in deploying sLS, here is the link to the rpm: http://software.internet2.edu/rpms/i386/main/RPMS/simple-lookup-service-1.0-1.noarch.rpm
The installation instructions can be found here: https://code.google.com/p/simple-lookup-service/wiki/sLSInstallation

Let me know if you have any questions. I will be happy to answer them.

Thanks,
Sowmya