perfsonar-user - Re: RES: RES: [perfsonar-user] RES: RES: RES: RES: RES: RES: RES: RES: [Monipe-des] Fwd: lookup service docs

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: RES: RES: [perfsonar-user] RES: RES: RES: RES: RES: RES: RES: RES: [Monipe-des] Fwd: lookup service docs

  • From: Andy Lake <>
  • To: Murilo Vetter <>
  • Cc: "'Sowmya Balasubramanian'" <>, "'"'"'Comunicação com os desenv olvedores do projeto MONIPE'"'"'" <>, "'"'"'SE-Cipó Desenvolvimento' "'"'" <>, <>, <>
  • Subject: Re: RES: RES: [perfsonar-user] RES: RES: RES: RES: RES: RES: RES: RES: [Monipe-des] Fwd: lookup service docs
  • Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 12:32:09 -0400

Hi Murilo,

You can use the 'group-communities' field to register keywords. It is a
string array so you can put all your keywords in that field.

On Aug 9, 2013, at 4:17 PM, Murilo Vetter

> Hi Andy,
>
> Thanks for your help. Now it should work this integration. It appeared in
> Toolkit.
> I would like to know how to get the communities register in LS?
>
> Thanks again,
> --
>

> Murilo Vetter
> Analista REMEP-FLN/PoP-SC
> PoP-SC - Ponto de Presença da RNP em Santa Catarina
> REMEP-FLN - Rede Metropolitana de Educação e Pesquisa da Região de
> Florianópolis
> RNP - Rede Nacional de Ensino e Pesquisa
> UFSC - Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina
> SETIC - Superintendência de Governança Eletrônica e Tecnologia da Informação
> e Comunicação
> Fundações de Apoio FEESC e FEPESE
> --/--
> www.pop-sc.rnp.br
> remep.pop-sc.rnp.br
> CHAMADOS:
>
> .br
> +55(48)3721-6335
> INOC: 11242*100

>>> service-type = ping
>>> location-sitename = RNP-Test
>>> group-domains = PoP-SC/RNP
>>> type = service
>>> uri = lookup/service/671ae644-b21a-4d06-8dc8-9ab09bd839ad
>>> location-longitude = -38
>>> location-latitude = -27
>>> service-version = 1
>>> service-host = 200.237.193.30
>>> expires = 2013-08-09T13:34:12.589Z
>>> location-country = BR
>>> service-locator = 200.237.193.30
>>> location-state = SC
>>> service-administrators = Murilo2 Vetter location-code = 88030-310
>>> location-city = Florianopolis ttl =
>>>
>>> My doubt is: why does it not appear in the “Global Performance Services”
>> in Toolkit? Is there some field that I should include? Am I sending to
>> an hLS service that is not doing the synchronization to gLS? The URI
>> that I am using to do the keepalive is:
>>> http://ps4.es.net:9095/lookup/service/671ae644-b21a-4d06-8dc8-9ab09bd
>>> 8
>>> 39ad
>>>
>>> Do you have some clue why it is not working? Hope you can help me.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> --
>>> <image001.jpg>
>>>
>>> Murilo Vetter
>>> Analista REMEP-FLN/PoP-SC
>>> PoP-SC - Ponto de Presença da RNP em Santa Catarina REMEP-FLN - Rede
>>> Metropolitana de Educação e Pesquisa da Região de Florianópolis RNP -
>>> Rede Nacional de Ensino e Pesquisa UFSC - Universidade Federal de
>>> Santa Catarina SETIC - Superintendência de Governança Eletrônica e
>>> Tecnologia da Informação e Comunicação Fundações de Apoio FEESC e
>>> FEPESE
>>> --/--
>>> www.pop-sc.rnp.br
>>> remep.pop-sc.rnp.br
>>> CHAMADOS:
>>>
>>> .br
>>> +55(48)3721-6335

>>> http://anonsvn.internet2.edu/viewvc/viewvc.py/perfSONAR-PS/trunk/perf
>>> S
>>> ONAR_PS-LSRegistrationDaemon/lib/perfSONAR_PS/LSRegistrationDaemon/Ba
>>> s
>>> e.pm?revision=5659&view=co
>>>
>>> Use the renew method in RecordManager in the SimpleLookupService
>>> library
>> to renew the service.
>>>
>>> Hope this helps!
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Sowmya
>>>

>>> On 8/8/13 10:39 AM, Murilo Vetter wrote:
>>> Hi Sowmya,
>>>
>>> I did some tests here and did some analyses. I put the register
>>> script to
>> run every hour, and every 3 hours it losses the register and make a
>> new registry. I need to know how to do the keep alive of the registry
>> in my perl code. This is probably the reason that I don’t find my
>> registry globally. Do you know how to do it?
>>>
>>> Hope you can help me. Thanks in advance,
>>> --
>>> <image001.jpg>
>>>
>>> Murilo Vetter
>>> Analista REMEP-FLN/PoP-SC
>>> PoP-SC - Ponto de Presença da RNP em Santa Catarina REMEP-FLN - Rede
>>> Metropolitana de Educação e Pesquisa da Região de Florianópolis RNP -
>>> Rede Nacional de Ensino e Pesquisa UFSC - Universidade Federal de
>>> Santa Catarina SETIC - Superintendência de Governança Eletrônica e
>>> Tecnologia da Informação e Comunicação Fundações de Apoio FEESC e
>>> FEPESE
>>> --/--
>>> www.pop-sc.rnp.br
>>> remep.pop-sc.rnp.br
>>> CHAMADOS:
>>>
>>> .br
>>> +55(48)3721-6335

>>> remep.pop-sc.rnp.br
>>> CHAMADOS:
>>>
>>> .br
>>> +55(48)3721-6335

>>> remep.pop-sc.rnp.br
>>> CHAMADOS:
>>>
>>> .br
>>> +55(48)3721-6335

>>> remep.pop-sc.rnp.br
>>> CHAMADOS:
>>>
>>> .br
>>> +55(48)3721-6335

>>> remep.pop-sc.rnp.br
>>> CHAMADOS:
>>>
>>> .br
>>> +55(48)3721-6335

>>> remep.pop-sc.rnp.br
>>> CHAMADOS:
>>>
>>> .br
>>> +55(48)3721-6335

>>> remep.pop-sc.rnp.br
>>> CHAMADOS:
>>>
>>> .br
>>> +55(48)3721-6335

>>> remep.pop-sc.rnp.br
>>> CHAMADOS:
>>>
>>> .br
>>> +55(48)3721-6335

>>> remep.pop-sc.rnp.br
>>> CHAMADOS:
>>> .br
>>> +55(48)3721-6335
>>> INOC: 11242*100
>>>
>>> De: Sowmya Balasubramanian
>>> [mailto:]
>>> Enviada
>>> em:segunda-feira, 5 de agosto de 2013 15:54
>>> Para: Murilo Vetter
>>> Cc: 'Comunicação com os desenvolvedores do projeto MONIPE'; 'SE-Cipó
>>> Desenvolvimento';;
>>> Assunto: Re: RES: [Monipe-des] Fwd: lookup service docs
>>>
>>> Hi Murilo,
>>>
>>> Typically, the LSRegistrationDaemon in the perfSONAR-PS Toolkit
>>> registers
>> services to the new lookup service.
>>>
>>> We also have some perl and Java based client classes (not yet
>>> packaged
>> though) in the svn repo which you can use for registering to the
>> lookup service.
>>>
>>> Perl classes can be found
>>> here:http://anonsvn.internet2.edu/viewvc/viewvc.py/perfSONAR-PS/trunk
>>> /
>>> Shared/lib/SimpleLookupService/
>>>
>>> Java
>>> client:https://code.google.com/p/simple-lookup-service/source/browse/
>>> # svn%2Ftrunk%2Flookup%2Flookup-service-client%253Fstate%253Dclosed
>>>
>>> Let me know which one you would like to use and I can help you out by
>> sending some sample code to help you get started.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Sowmya
>>>
>>> On 8/5/13 11:42 AM, Murilo Vetter wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Here in Brazil we would like to registered some of our tools like
>>> ping,
>> owamp and bwctl in internet2 LS service so it may appear in the list
>> of perfSONAR Toolkit. I wonder if someone could help in doing this.
>> What service should we installed so we can test the registration? How
>> could we reproduce it?
>>>
>>> Hope someone may help us.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Murilo Vetter
>>>
>>> --
>>> <image001.jpg>
>>>
>>> Murilo Vetter
>>> Analista REMEP-FLN/PoP-SC
>>> PoP-SC- Ponto de Presença da RNP em Santa Catarina REMEP-FLN - Rede
>>> Metropolitana de Educação e Pesquisa da Região de Florianópolis RNP -
>>> Rede Nacional de Ensino e Pesquisa
>>> UFSC- Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina
>>> SETIC- Superintendência de Governança Eletrônica e Tecnologia da
>>> Informação e Comunicação Fundações de Apoio FEESC e FEPESE
>>> --/--
>>> www.pop-sc.rnp.br
>>> remep.pop-sc.rnp.br
>>> CHAMADOS:
>>> +55(48)3721-6335
>>> INOC: 11242*100
>>>
>>> De:Murilo Vetter
>>> [mailto:]
>>> Enviada
>>> em:sexta-feira,
>>> 2 de agosto de 2013 18:30 Para:'Comunicação com os desenvolvedores do
>>> projeto MONIPE'; 'SE-Cipó Desenvolvimento';
>>> '';
>> ''
>>> Assunto:RES: [Monipe-des] Fwd: lookup service docs
>>>
>>> Hi Brian,
>>>
>>> Alex (RNP) sent me some information about the new lookup service. We
>>> are
>> interested to registered our new perfSONAR CLMPs service with the new
>> service since it is the new service that is coming with the new
>> perfsonar toolkit. I would like to know if you already have some
>> client that make the registration.
>>>
>>> I would like to know if I installed the service in RNP like is
>>> documented
>> inhttp://code.google.com/p/perfsonar-ps/wiki/NewLSInstallation, it
>> will appear globally. In the past I did some tests and I had some
>> trouble with the old version of perfsonar lookup service.
>>>
>>> What components should I install to accomplished this issue?
>>>
>>> Could you help me to test it in RNP?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> --
>>> <image001.jpg>
>>>
>>> Murilo Vetter
>>> Analista REMEP-FLN/PoP-SC
>>> PoP-SC- Ponto de Presença da RNP em Santa Catarina REMEP-FLN - Rede
>>> Metropolitana de Educação e Pesquisa da Região de Florianópolis RNP -
>>> Rede Nacional de Ensino e Pesquisa
>>> UFSC- Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina
>>> SETIC- Superintendência de Governança Eletrônica e Tecnologia da
>>> Informação e Comunicação Fundações de Apoio FEESC e FEPESE
>>> --/--
>>> www.pop-sc.rnp.br
>>> remep.pop-sc.rnp.br

>>> https://code.google.com/p/simple-lookup-service/wiki/Records