perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] pS-PT 3.2.2 -> 3.3 NetInstall upgrade question

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] pS-PT 3.2.2 -> 3.3 NetInstall upgrade question

  • From: Kathy Benninger <>
  • To: Aaron Brown <>
  • Cc: "<>" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] pS-PT 3.2.2 -> 3.3 NetInstall upgrade question
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 10:51:33 -0400

Hi Aaron,

I ran the backup script on one of our production pSs and now I see what's going on. The script appears to be working as designed.

Where things went awry for me:
The first pS I tried was a test machine on which I hadn't configured the admin info. The pS did, however, have the file
/opt/perfsonar_ps/toolkit/etc/administrative_info
with a single entry:
site_project=pS-NPToolkit-3.2.2
Since the script looks for all lines EXCEPT that line in the administrative_info file, it decided the file didn't exist and quit.

Once I filled in and saved Host information with Org Name, Location, Admin Name and Email, the script ran to completion.

Thanks,
Kathy