perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Problems using mesh generator

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Problems using mesh generator

  • From: David Mitchell <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Problems using mesh generator
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 10:50:59 -0700

I'm trying to use the mesh generator to setup a new mesh of bwtcl and owamp
tests. I've been following the directions on the Wiki. I have created the
json configuration file using the build_json script and updated the
agent_configuration.conf to point to the file. That all seems to work OK.
When I run the generate_configuration script it produces quite a few errors
about being unable to update files. I'm not sure what other folks do to run
this script, as by default the files are owned by user perfsonar and that
account is locked. When it completes, there is a maddash configuration dumped
in json format in /opt/maddash/maddash-webui/xsede-mesh.json. That would be
great but I thought maddash was reading
/etc/maddash/maddash-server/maddash.yaml for it's configuration. I was going
to work through this apparent disconnect before I try and troubleshoot
whether the measurements are being properly scheduled. I do have an older
version of the maddash software and a configuration set up. Would that be
breaking things? According to yum I'm up to date on all of the perfsonar and
maddash packages. Thanks in advance,

-David Mitchell

| David Mitchell
()
Network Engineer IV |
| Tel: (303) 497-1845 National Center for |
| FAX: (303) 497-1818 Atmospheric Research |