perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] strange iperf UDP results

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] strange iperf UDP results

  • From: Joseph Bernard <>
  • To: Brian Tierney <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] strange iperf UDP results
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 11:30:59 -0500
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

I used the -w option and got closer to 700Mb/s. I even put it at 64M to
see if it made a difference. I decided to install CentOS 5.7 i386 and got
950Mb/s on both TCP and UDP, and the limit with the -w option is 256
Kbyte. Now I'm not sure if PS-PS is slower or if CentOS 5.7 is less
accurate.

Thanks,
Joseph

On 2/13/12 5:13 PM, "Brian Tierney"