perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] psPS ??

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] psPS ??

  • From: "Jeff W. Boote" <>
  • To: Jim Warner <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] psPS ??
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 11:47:11 -0700

pS-PS is an abbreviation for perfSONAR-PS. perfSONAR-PS is the name of the software package. perfSONAR-PS is not an abbreviation for anything. Once upon a time you might have said the 'PS' stood for perf-services, but since only a fraction of the software we are talking about is perl, that is not useful and we don't use it.

It is simply a name Jim. It does not propose to be illuminating in any way. Only identifying.

Jeff