perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] strange iperf UDP results

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] strange iperf UDP results

  • From: Joseph Bernard <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] strange iperf UDP results
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 16:35:51 -0500
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

I loaded 3.2.1.1 on 2 workstations and got 950Mb/s on TCP and 600Mb/s on
UDP tests. They both have 1Gb/s cards. I thought maybe the network cards
weren't up to snuff, so I got 2 HP servers, loaded them up, and did the
same tests. I got the same results. The workstations/servers are
connected via crossover. I even tried a brand new cable to be sure it
wasn't bad materials.

When I used my iMac and Macbook Pro from 2009 running Snow Leopard, I was
able to get 800Mb/s running iperf. Is there something I am missing?

Thanks,
Joseph Bernard