perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] full installer on disc?

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] full installer on disc?

  • From: Joseph Bernard <>
  • To: Aaron Brown <>
  • Cc: "" <>, Performance Node Users <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] full installer on disc?
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 14:17:05 -0500
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

I downloaded the CentOS 5.7 NetInstall CD, copied the kickstart file from the 3.2.1.1 NetInstall, tweaked a few urls for closer sites, and it worked.  It took an hour to install.  I did try using the CentOS 5.7 install DVD, but there is a problem with the chipset the Optiplex 740 uses which causes the network card not to work.  I'm guessing the NetInstall loads more robust drivers than the DVD installer.

Thanks,
Joseph